1953 - The idea of Grace Fellowship Church is formed during a prayer meeting as a non-denominational church to be located in Ephrata, PA. The following Sunday morning, May 3rd, 53 people meet in the basement of Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Hess’s home at 1021 W. Main Street, Ephrata for the first service. When the church is officially organized, 66 individuals are named as original incorporators and witnesses with one additional witness. Rev. Rodney J. Lutz is the first pastor. A house was transformed on South State Street into a church auditorium and Sunday School rooms with a dedication service on Nov. 8th.
1958 - Groundbreaking starts for the new church building to be located at 822 Pointview Avenue.The new church building is completed in the Fall with a week of dedication services held on Nov. 9 - Nov. 16. The building cost $46908.15. GFC sends its first missionary, David (Skip) and Elaine Hornberger, to Africa.
1966 - Rev. Donald Weltmer becomes the church’s 2nd pastor.
1968 - The church building is expanded by adding the educational wing producing an L-shaped building containing a nursery, pastor’s study, combination library-classroom and five classrooms. Dedication service for the addition was held on May 26th.
1976 - Rev. Karl Kloppman becomes the church’s 3rd pastor.
1995 - Rev. Frank Rice becomes the church’s 4th pastor.
1998 - GFC starts their Wednesday night AWANA club.
2003 - Rev. Jim Hertzler joins the church as Associate Pastor. GFC celebrates its 50th anniversary with a banquet at Weaver’s Banquet Facilities on Oct. 25.